Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ahh Yes...The Infamous Koncho



Koncho!!!!So what does it mean to be Koncho-ed? Well I had the pleasure of finding that out today. I was hanging out with the baseball team asking them about baseball and Bsing with them. I always mess with this one little kid who is going to be a gangster when he’s older. His name is Shinji but I call him Stinji just for my own fun. In mid sentence I suddenly have 2 fingers jammed UP my ass! One’s first reaction is to close the backdoor and jerk forward, as soon as I did that I had my bait and tackle yanked.

Which THEN makes you go backwards were the two fingers are waiting. After 2 rounds of this I realized this was no good. I didn’t know whether to kick his ass or file police reports. Apparently most of the boys do this to each other. Another teacher here, Mac, said "Oh you mean you got koncho-ed, happens all the time at work for me. I just smack them and call them idiots. Was a little surprising the first time." I guess they do it to the young English teachers too. They get it from the comics and anime here and think its funny. Kind of like the wedgie or something in America. While I couldn’t picture doing that to a new teacher when Iwas in school...at least I can say I have been Koncho-ed!


This is an add-on. Bobby wrote me with this soltion to solve this problem and I'm really considering it. It cracked me up!!!!

"Itold Tanya and she thought it was hilarious. I toldher that I would have buried their noses in myunderwear and showed them the game of Inhale theVolcano as it erupts violently causing severe nose andlung irritation, and then I would have wrapped theirunderwear around their quaking skulls at least threetimes as they urinated all over the new carpet of theschool.:) Then I would have said "Who is going to gettheir fingers near my Jewels and Cornho again?" as Iclasped my hands and bowed in traditional Japanesefashion. Remember that. That could shorten your trip,but it could be very educational, and cement greatintercultural relations. Talk to you later."

Bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home