Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Another Week Down

So yesterday I went to school and I was glad it was Friday. School wasn’t too bad. I got to help out two classes today. So what I did was just read sentences about 2 times over and hey would all repeat them back to me as a class. For example: "The ball is red. I like this ball." Hey I never said it was exciting. Then I was asked to read the words for word Bingo. Such as Ball, or dog. I then walk around and ask the students questions such as , "Hello. How are you?" They then say, "Fine, sank you. And you?"
All can say that exact sentence but no variations so don’t even think of saying anything except for fine. I bribe some into speaking with my stickers I brought of US rock bands. Some say "F@$K" or other inappropriate things. Bt I figure no foul as kids cant read anyway. Kids really think the stickers are cool. Also these lucky kids got to take 45min out of their school days to wax the floor of the school. . Oh and 3 kids face planted into the floor standing during some assembly where they had to stand. Made me wonder if they are worked to hard?....
The last two days at work the teachers who I last taught with have asked me to eat with there class. Each class eats in their classroom with there home room teacher. I’m pretty much amusement for the kids. They all laugh at my meals and gather around to see what I will eat next. Apparently the fact that I cant cook is humorous to some people. The teachers seem to get a good laugh out of it too. Everyday for lunch I bring rice with soy sauce (called shohu here), peanuts, and sometimes a banana or tuna. One teacher said after WWII many peopdidn'tdnt have much else to eat but rice and she called me that word. WhateverKidsids give me parts of their lunches to try so the jokes on them! Ha!
Then I decided to grom some balls and tell the grumpy kocho-sensei (vice Prin) that I want to leave when it says I can on my contract. He looked at me like I was nts. How dare me not work overtime for free! I told him I have classes I need to attend. After giving me crap he said I could most days! Most days! Ha, whatever! I will now be home and hour earlier a day at least! Works for me!
After a workout at Konami gym, and my daily dinner of a veggie, 2 eggs, a block of tofu and soy sauce, and rice, and a bowl of cereal I went to the Tiger Bar with Eric. He LOVES the locals and we went to meet some girl he wanted to. He left me alone with 4 Japanese people faboutbot 30 min. I struggles to communicate until he returned but conversed with them despite it all. Took a few shots of god’s awful and cheap creation called Shochu before we rode to the bars. Then I decided to buy a few 500yen beers. Heinekens or coronas are 800 yen!!! Ouch! Shochu is 1000yen a gallon! Now you know why I like it. He hit on girls for a while. I talked to some locals and after he was really wasted we rode around the streets yelling konichiwa to people. WE always find someone who can spEnglishlish back or at least we go and watch the street performers play. About 65 degrees riding home at 2am so the whether was getting niThat'shats all tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home