Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ahhhh

Today I was annoyed. The lady who sits next to me who used to keep me somewhat informed of what is going on has stopped doing so. Maybe it's because I told her that I am not going to stay past the time stated in my contract and she can't understand why. Oh well. She did find time to pull me aside and tell me that it is inappropriate to drink from my SEALED Nalgene bottle of water during the 3 straight hours of class. Dh...I should've known. So after that I went back to doing my reading of words aloud to the class in my annoying TV announcer voice. The kids find humor in it I think too. I had this one creeper who sits in the front row STARE at me the ENTIRE class. Not occasionally look at me . BUTT STARE! I went to sit in the back of the class and his head swiveled right around to me! One kid slept the whole class and did NOTHING. No teacher told him to do his work. I was jealous as that is what I wanted to be doing. The teachers sleep at their desk in the teachers room and the principals sleep sitting up. Its kinda funny actually.
Then the teachers ask me what method I teach students the idea of plural and singular. I told them, " I have no clue." I'm an ASSISTANT English teacher. They are the teacher. I said I would think about it but not so much thinking is going on. I know what they are talking about but I truly have no clue how to teach it. I then stayed after and watch soft-tennis and baseball practice for about 1 hour. Got bored sitting there so I went to MaxValue for some more veggies in the old section!! Half off! woo-hoo! 2 ears of amazing corn for 50 cents!!

Then I went to "The Mall" as it is named and it was REALLY lame. Then I peddled to UNI_QLO. It's like the gap and I got 4 cool shirts. Most are California surfing shirts and an American University in Washington shirt. I also got an IPOD running carrying case for 1.50$ and a pair of flip flops for 190 yen Summer clothes are ALL on sale. I got 4 T's, 1 polo, ipod case, and flip flops for 2000yen! I have an eye for bargains what can I say! PS I wear a large here and even that's a little tight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home