Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mondays suck No matter what country you are in!

So its Monday and I'm sittign at my lil desk. I actually wish I had a cubicle right now. This chair is the HARDEST chair ever. And the back support left it about 23 years ago. Today I helped with two regular classes and a handicapped class. The regular classes I just read sentences aloud again, read the words for bingo and asked students how they were doing. Then I read the numbers 1 - 50 out loud and had them repeat them back to me after each one. After nodding off sitting in the corner while the teacher taught and having kids say "Don-yell are you shreepy?". Then I tried to teach a lesson while half the class talked over me and Shinji-san put the drapes over his head and talked to himself the whole time I was teaching. We have been told to not try and discipline anyone so I just keep talking. That kid is weird though and I cant walk past his desk without him trying to stick his fingers up my ass. The teacher DEF saw him and laughed. I just smack him in his head now. Like I said he's a weird kid, and I don't know how he plays baseball cause he can't even answer any questions in class. He has to get all F's.

Then I was told to help the handicapped class everyweek. Wow! Imagine me and 4 severely handicapped kids trying to learn English. One has down Syndrome (he's really cute though), one won't look at me and I don't know what's wrong with her, one has severe autism bubt it smart (she spells every word i say in the air), and another boy who they pretty much don't even try to get him to learn. I held up cards of a dog for example and they had to say the words of what was on the card. Some would yell out weird words but sometimes they would get it. Then we sangs songs. I.ee Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Head, Shoulders, Knees , and Toes. Except one boy like head, shoulders, and crotch grabbing better. I laughed but the other teacher didn't think it was so funny. It was actually fun but interesting trying to teach them. I was impressed they can speak English if only a few words. Only 4 Handicap kids in the whole school though and they all work in one classroom.

Then I had a teachers meeting with the other 4 English teachers. After sitting down they asked me what ideas I had. I said "Well nothing." As I have NO cluewhat we are going to teach or what they have learned. So aside from that...Pretty boring so far today. A big spider just crawled across my desk. The weather is AMAZING. Maybe 70 degrees, sunny and cool at night. I sleep with the door open at night. I do get woken up by teenagers who ride past the building at night and rev their motorcycles but not to bad. Ok that's all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home