Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The end is near...

Today was a pretty fun day. Just knowin the end is near it makes you not care about what ANYONE thinks and I pretty much just goofed around wit the kids today. I have to admit, I make all Americans seem probably crazy. I hop up the steps into every class now. Why? Cause its funny and its what I want to do. The kids expect nothing less. While walking through the hall, I walk really creepy and sneaky past their open classrooms and make faces. I still speak in my weird accents and NEVER talk normally. I would love to actually see a video of me teaching to see what it looks like. It has to be funny i just know it!! :) well at least to me. I even make the teachers laugh and they have no sense of humor. I was telling corny jokes that are on the stickers i was giving the kids today and cracking up at the answers while they sat there not knowing what was so funny.

Anyhow today I taught my own lil lesson on Halloween and made a True or false quiz for them to get. I read through my quiz, such as "Its is very common for kids to dress up for Halloween." I was going to give a sticker to anyone who got all 12 answers correct but no one did. They have no clue about Halloween. No one trick or treats or dresses up here. It was fun. They asked me questions about it but i think that was only so i would give them a sticker as that is my bargaining tool to get answers. They love stickers of any kind. I have to teach this lesson all day on Friday too. Its fun though even though I have to work with mrs. Miwa who I loathe. She's so fake to me i hate it. So now I am SO fake to her. I love it.

I ate lunch with the same group of girls today. The yell "Don-yell, Please please!" and I enjoy lunch as we traded today for my candy. Renee's mom sent me sour gummy spiders and I brought them to share with the kids. I traded one for one, my food for theres. I dont like candy to much so I got some good Japanese candy out of the deal. I told them they were sugared spiders from the US and they believed me and all wanted some. I ended up giving them all out and but I still got some tabemono (food) coming my way on friday! They laughed at my spaghetti/rice combo today. I tell them mits very famous in America and they say its gross. The teacher said it to cuz she was laughing and I said, "What if i said I think its weird that you eat a raw fish?" She had no answer. Don't mess with me when I m on a roll. The students all will come over and stare at what Im eating and drinking. One student noticed the Yellowcard sticker on my water bottle and knew that band and brought me a sticker of them today. IT was cool. I have given all my stickers and prizes away so far this week. Its fun to give stuff away.
During one class, Shinji sat in the back and flipped me off the whole time while also doing the throat slice gesture to me. It was quite pleasant while teaching. Then another student who sits by the window used the glare off his mirror to try and get me in the eyes. Its a bit of a challenge sinceI cant discipline so I just laugh and shake my fist at them. Shinji has never done any of his work and doesnt even open his book and when he does he makes hi neighbor do it in front of the teacher and they dont say anything.
I have to prepare a farewell to speech to give at a special assembly for me this friday. I want to say I LOVED working with the kids when I actually did and all you teacehrs need to go buy a sense of humor. ITs sad in a way I wish they would have let me work with the kids some more. I also have to write a letter for the school paper for the parents too. It was weird the principal talked to me today, I mean he acknowledged me. It was weird.
Yesterday was handicapped kids day. It is so fun to work with them. I do nothing but read a few cards. They just memorize the words but the kids are just too cute. Theres also a really strange boy who I have been giving small little ifts too and he loves them and talks to me in Japanese and I just nod and say "hai" and he just keeps talking. Others make fun of hm as he is really strange but I like it cuz they think he must be cool if Im talking to him.

Anyhow, it was a fun day. Tomorrow I will goto Yumesaki-Cho one last time.

Oh and the BEST thing of my day is one girl always begs me for my "Butter Peanuts" which bring everyday. She holds her hand out and says "Peanuts make me happy". That cracks me up, and I can picture that on a tshirt and one of their funny slogans they have everywhere.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home