Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

View from the hill






These pics are of the funny girls who I have been eating lunch with every day. They are 9th graders and are really friendly and we trade food. One of the girls is the one who says "Peanuts Please." and "Peanuts make me happy" cracks me up!

I had to post these pics of the sun seting from atop this hill. Japan is 80% mountainous terrain so there are little mountains or hills randomly in the middle of neighborhoods. This is next to where I live in the middle of the city. There are about 00 straight up steps to get here and your legs WILL burn by the time you reach the top. Any how its so relaxing once you get to the top. You can see all the city and no one wants to walk up these longs steps so its nice and quiet. I almost fell asleep watching the sun set....

Also, there are a lot of articles on suicides and teachers and such:


One last one...i promise. I found this article today. It kind of talks about the role of temples in the lives of the young people here. Once very popluar at all levels, everyone I talked to says they could care less about them, they are for the older people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home