Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Heads Shoulders Knees and Toes

Today I probably did a combined 2 hours of "Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes". It actually wore me out. I was fun for a while then got old. It was better than sitting there though. I then read words or BINGO. AND I got to read the names of animals and the kids would then repeat. I liked Gorilla, which was then "Go-rirra" Whenever I am annoyed I get everyone here back by WEARING MY INDOOR SHOES IN THE BATHROOM!! Ha hahahahahaha! Got them! My refusal to wear my bathroom shoes is a direct slap in the face at the "man."

PS The eastern style of toilets here are kinda hard to use. The stall is very small and so you smash your face into the wall practically. It's like I am camping or something. I drank 8 glasses of tea so far today to stay awake and it is working for now. Some kids asked for my email address and I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not. e could probably create some virus and send to me. Also, I just was in the class with the ONE minority in the school. The white/Japanese kid. He looks like any kid in America but can't speak any English. I almost think he's faking it. I did find out his dad lives in Boston. His name is Samuel so I call him Samuel-San. He's cute. I taught the kids to to the knuckle pound, as I don't want to shake hands with 100 kids but also they think its cool. Anyhow, I have been given about 350 journals to read and grade, so at least they are using me to do the work they don't want to do.

PPS IT is like perfect weather out and I am looking out the window and would LOVE to be outside right now enjoying it! 77 degrees and sunny!


OK so I forgot to write some more updates I just thought of tonight:

So Shibata emailed me tonight and here is all he wrote:

"Please register e-mail address. May I tell more friend alone an address?
Did you have Shinji more be wrong?"
(・。・)"

I just copied and pasted that out of his email address. What he was talking about I have no clue! Shinji is the kid I call an "aho" everyday which means idiot in Japanese cuz he smacks at my junk. And I think register email address means write it down or something. I know his dad is an engineer for Panasonic so maybe I can get a free appliance or something.

Oh and I forgot to mention the tattle tellers. Is that a word? Any how, during cleaning time they are like hall monitors and carry a sheet and pen and if anyone talks during cleaning, they right there names down. It's funny because I always talk to them and get them to laugh and then I tell them to mark themselves on the list of talkers. Ok just wanted to share that lil' piece of info!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home