Konichi-What?

My, sometimes cynical, sometimes funny, times in Japan...And no I don't go back and check my spelling or anything like that so don't complain.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Friday

So its Friday aain. Today was boring. I helped with several classes. Read a few words for BINGO that is. And Did Head, shoulders, Knees, and Toes. Again... The teacher right next to me here does not speak with me anymore. I think she is mad I won't come up with lessons for her as it is not my job and she's trying to dump work on me. AND because I won't stay for unpaid overtime everyday. Oh well. I always have my 12 yr old friends here! During my presentations today the kids of one class clapped when I came in and the teacher said they were excited as he said it is boring teacher grammar by himself and that I make them laugh. So that was good. I don't make an idiot of myself for nothing. Shinji sat in front making a ball-cupping motion and smashing my barefoot when I wasn't looking. A lil distracting but none the less.

yesterday I went to our ALT meeting with other English teachers in the building. Some I had never seen before as they have never left there room or are always with there families I guess. It was about 1.5 hours and was a bitch fest about STUPID things. Like trash, people smoking on their balconies, bikes parked wrong, etc. Waste of time, then everyone ran home and no one did anything after together. Everyone in the building has there own things to do I guess. Some play videogames all day, some have kids or a wife, some work other jobs, etc.

I then made tofu, huge sweet potato, 2 eggs, rice, a big carrot, and mixed it all together for a gourmet meal. Then cereal for desert!

So I one visitor who was going to come from the US is not coming so I am going to make travel plans for myself. On my list is Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, Miyajima Island, and Osaka. After that I am good. tokyo is really expensive and I'm sure I'd just get lost!

There are some festivals coming up I am going to try and go to so that will be OK. I also signed up for Tai-Chi at the gym and Yoga, doesn't look fun but I would like to try it.

I'm going with Eric to Osaka tomorrow night to a club called Pier 31. It's 3500 yen all you can drink. I usually would not be excited to go and stay up till the trains begin again at 6am but he's moving soon and may not get to go again. Plus we have a whole scheme to cheat the train system and get there for 2$ instead of 22$. I'll let you know if it works! He's quiting as his job sucks too. They dick him around and treat him bad too. Except he's not just gonna quit...he's just gonna stop going on certain days. Like turn every weekend into a 3 day weekend until they finally just fire him. I think it's pretty funny. I'm curious to see how long it will last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home